Cost per serving $1.21 view details
- 1 x onion sliced
- 2 x long galangal slices or possibly 4 of ginger
- 2 x fresh serrano or possibly Thai bird chiles stemmed, sliced
- 4 x lemon grass stalks, white part only sliced
- 4 x kaffir lime leaves
- 2 Tbsp. 3-Crab fish sauce
- 8 c. chicken stock
- 1 lb Prince Edward Island Mussels cleaned, prepped
- 2 lrg leeks, white part only julienned
- 1 x carrot spaghetti-cut,
- Â Â or possibly fine julienned
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- Â Â Canola oil to cook
- In a warm wok coated with oil saute/fry onions till caramelized. Add in galangal, chiles, lemon grass and leaves. Deglaze with fish sauce. Add in chicken stock and slowly simmer to a 20 percent reduction. Strain and keep warm. Check for seasoning.
- In a very warm wok coated with oil stir-fry mussels till they start to open. Add in leeks and carrots. Season. Check again for flavor. Serve immediately.
- For Plating: Pour in bowls, enjoy.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 502g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 5||11%|
|Total Fat 0.51g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.15g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.59g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|