This is a Gordon Ramsey recipe, slightly adapted. It has such a fresh summery taste and people are always asking me for the recipe. It's a great alternative to a rice salad.
- 150g (5.30oz) Bulgar Wheat
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Spring Onions, sliced
- 6 Tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- Bunch of Parsley, chopped
- Bunch of Mint, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Put Bulgar Wheat into a pot and cover with water 3-4cm (1.5 inches) above wheat.
- Add salt and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender but retaining a bite (slightly chewy).
- Drain, rinse and leave to dry in the seive for a while so as to get rid of excess water and reduce any slushiness.
- While waiting to dry, chop and slice remaining ingredients.
- When wheat is dry enough combine all ingredients and toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 110g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||9%|
|Total Fat 0.24g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.66g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|