Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- > (American / Metric measures) <
- . 8 plump 'Roma' Tomatoes
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) sea salt
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) organic sugar (optional)
- . sprinkle of garlic powder (optional)
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) olive oil (very optional)
- . Note: Some may want to flavour their tomatoes right away with some oil...however, I prefer mine roasted as naturally as possible within their natural juices. However, a little sea salt brings out their flavour.
- Pre-heat oven at 450F / 230C / Gas7 Place the rack on the 2nd level from the bottom of the oven.
- . Prepare a very large baking sheet pan fully lined with parchment paper.
- . Wash and dry tomatoes very well.
- . Depending on the size of the tomatoes...cut them into 4 to 5 slices each.
- . Spread the tomato slices evenly on the baking sheet.
- . Sprinkle the sea salt and other optional ingredients throughout.
- . Depending on the initial water content of the tomatoes... you'll probably roast them for about 45-50 minutes... or until they shrivel up slightly and appear tenderly sweet.
- . Take them out and let them cool about 10 minutes.
- . Scoop them up to be used right away or store in a glass container for up to about 5 days in the fridge. They can also be stored in an airtight glass jar filled to the rim with grapeseed (or Canola) oil.
- . Buon appetito and flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 36 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||100%|
|Total Fat 0.38g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|