To make the balsamic reduction:
Bring the vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Turn the heat to low and reduce to 1/3 to 1/2 cup.
The vinegar will thicken as it cools.
Refrigerate in a covered container.
*This will keep in a cool place for months
- 1 lb of thinly sliced, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 heaping cup of chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp of fresh mint
- 4 tbsp of feta cheese
- 1 tsp of balsamic glaze (recipe is in SUMMARY)
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- Sea Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine the strawberries and balsamic glaze. While
- they get to know each other you're gonna get started on the chicken.
- Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a large non stick saute pan over a
- medium high heat. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and
- pepper and then get them into the pan.
- Cook the chicken for two to three minutes per side, until golden brown
- Once it's done, remove the chicken and plate it up.
- Gently stir your herbs in with the strawberries and spoon a couple
- tablespoons over each chicken breast. Top with a tbsp of feta cheese
- and enjoy.
- Serves 4.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 146g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||33%|
|Total Fat 5.32g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.98g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 4.33g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|