Spice cake is a great cake to make and serve on its own. However, there are other great things that can be created by using spice cake.
For example, make this spice cake recipe below. After it cools, crumble it up and add it into a food processor. Add 1, 8 ounce package of cream cheese and process until combined. After it is combined, roll into 1 inch balls and dip into melted white chocolate. You have instant spice truffles!
This recipe seems to have a lot of ingredients but do not be alarmed. Many of them are spices!
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup floured raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Line an 8 inch square pan with no-stick foil.
- With mixer beat shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine salt, flour, baking powder and spices.
- Add dry ingredients into wet mixture.
- Add water and mix well.
- If you are using raisins and nuts, add them now.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is set.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 870g|
|Calories from Fat 1016||33%|
|Total Fat 116.85g||146%|
|Saturated Fat 25.75g||103%|
|Trans Fat 22.84g|
|Total Carbs 475.12g||127%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.6g||45%|