This is a very simple rub that takes only a few minutes to put together. I use it on pork ribs but it’s excellent on beef also. Rather than baby back ribs, I like to use this rub with regular meaty spareribs. I grill the ribs for about 1 ½ - 2 hours. This does not make a fall off the bone rib but rather one you can really sink your teeth into. A real carnivore’s delight.
This makes enough rub for about 8-10 pounds of ribs.
- Â½ cup kosher salt
- Â¼ cup black & white pepper mixed & coarse ground
- Â¼ cup hot paprika
- 3 Tb Ancho or other pure ground mild chili powder
- 2 Tb cayenne pepper - I use a milder cayenne @ about 40,000 HU. If you use a hotter cayenne (it comes up to 90,000 HU) decrease to 1 Tb.
- 2 Tb garlic powder
- 4 ts ground cumin
- 1 Tb dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Liberally coat ribs and place in a plastic zip lock bag or tightly wrap in plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator from 6 to 24 hours.
- Grill over low to medium heat to avoid burning as the rub chars easily.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 282g|
|Calories from Fat 101||25%|
|Total Fat 12.08g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.77g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 78.44g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 33.1g||110%|