Are you craving a tasty steak? Good news then, you can say “Yes” to red meat, occasionally, when it’s a lean cut like flank steak. We’re spicing things up a bit with this Brazilian inspired recipe. In Brazil, they have restaurants called churrascarias, where they serve barbecued meats called churrasco. They’re typically served with a salsa-like sauce as an accompaniment. We’re doing the same by creating a spicy dry rub for the meat and topping with a colorful citrus salsa of orange segments, tomatoes and onions. The skinny on one serving is 258 calories, 10g fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- Ingredients for Salsa
- 1 cup fresh orange segments, sliced into pieces
- Â½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- â cup red onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Ingredients for Steak
- 1Â½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1Â½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 flank steak (about 1Â¼ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with olive oil or coat with olive oil spray. See how to broil steak, under Broiling Tip, below, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, add all the salsa ingredients and mix to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in vinegar to create a paste. Rub paste over both sides of steak.
- Place steak on grill. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and grill covered for about 4-5 minutes. Turn over, drizzle 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce over the top, cover and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove steak from grill, tent with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice steak against the grain into thin slices. Divide among 4 plates and top with salsa.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||7%|
|Total Fat 0.24g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.75g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|