Everybody loves these little potato appetizers for Hanukkah but they’ll be perfect for Passover too. Best of all-they’re baked not fried! We’re removing the flour and using matzo meal instead. All the other ingredients work just great! The skinny on 4 of these little gems is 64 calories, 1 gram fat and 2 Weight Watchers POINTS. Just place them on a serving plate with a small dish of sour cream and applesauce. Let everybody dress their own pancakes…
- 2 eggs, we like Egglandâs Best eggs
- 3 tablespoons matzo-meal">matzo meal or matzo (ground in the blender to become crumbs)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- Â½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Â¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 pound potatoes (2-3 medium) peeled & cut into large chunks
- Fat-free or reduced-fat sour cream
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, matzo meal, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- With a food processor, grate the potatoes and onions.
- Wrap the potatoes in paper towels to drain liquid.
- Mix the potatoes into the egg mixture and blend well.
- Coat baking pans with lots of cooking spray.
- Drop a tablespoon at a time of batter onto baking sheets (about 1 inch apart) and flatten each with a spatula. Place 20 pancakes on each pan.
- Bake one tray at a time for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown (use 2 ovens if you have them). Flip pancakes and bake 12 -15 more minutes until golden brown.
- Place potato pancakes on a platter. Serve with sour cream and applesauce on the side.
- Serve immediately. These can be made in advance and reheated in the oven to become hot and crisp again.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 54g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||15%|
|Total Fat 0.98g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.45g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|