Sometimes getting dinner on the table need to be quick, right? Just because this colorful tostada is ridiculously easy to make doesn’t mean it isn’t absolutely delicious because it is and very healthy too! It’s packed with 7 grams of fiber per serving and very low in calories! The skinny for each tostada, 255 calories, 4 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
- Ingredients for Chicken Filling:
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Â½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced or shredded, see shopping tip
- Â½ cup salsa, I used Pace Chunky Medium
- Ingredients for Tostadas:
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1â cups cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- Â¼-Â½ cup salsa, I used Pace Chunky Medium
- Â¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- To make chicken filling: In a microwave safe bowl or plate, add onions and cook for about 3 minutes until soft.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add onions, garlic, cumin and chili powder. SautÃ© for about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken and Â½ cup salsa. Cook until heated though about 1-2 minutes.
- To assemble each tostada: Line each plate with 1 tortilla. Spread the top of each with Â½ cup chicken filling. Top each with 1 cup lettuce, Â¼ cup cabbage, â cup tomatoes. Dollop each with 1-2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Makes 4 tostadas, (each serving, 1 tostada)
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 312g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 123||39%|
|Total Fat 13.79g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 24.29g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|