Patti and I have set one night a week just for us. It’s our date night. We usually put something special on the grill but sometimes we cook inside. We always eat outside on our patio where it is very comfortable with a rainforest theme. Wood burning stove, little lights, candles, lanterns and surround sound. We enjoy a little wine, or strawberry margaritas using frozen strawberries for ice, good food, music and sometimes a dance or two…
This week I wanted to do a product review for Cholula Hot Sauce. My thoughts here there was no way I can do this because I already enjoy the sauces and have a few bottles in my cupboard. Patti won’t have eggs without it and Ken especially likes it on his potato salad.
So, I thought I would put it to my “Crash Test Dummies” without saying anything. To do this I called some “Testers” over to have some Sirloin Soft Tacos off the Royall wood pellet grill/smoker. When it came time to eat I had already set a Cholula 4 pack on the table with all the fixins and just sat back and watched.
We are all used to the Cholula Original. It is on the table in every Mexican restaurant we have ever enjoyed. But, none of us knew about the 3 new flavors: Chili Lime, Chili Garlic, and Chipotle.
I did this twice with two different sets of my “Crash Test Dummies” with the same results.
Note: “Crash Test Dummies” are friends of ours that submit themselves to testing our new recipes. So far we have had very few casualties.
When folks saw the 4 pack of sauce they would comment on not seeing it before. Then they would look at all of them and pick one for each taco. (Most folks had at least 2)
- 2-3 pound sirloin steak
- Jacâs Tailgaters Smokinâ Dust Chipotle Seasoning
- Salsa Verde
- 2 or 3 sweet peppers, sliced (we like the color they add)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Shredded cheese, of choice
- Sour cream, to taste
- Package of tortillas (we like flour)
- Here is the recipe; I marinated a sirloin steak overnight in our Smoked Salsa Verde. Here is the link for that recipe. http://www.datenightdoins.com/Smoked_Salsa_Verde.html
- We marinated a sirloin steak overnight in our Smoked Salsa Verde. (You can use any marinade you like for tacos) Then, I put the steak on the Royall 3000 to smoke for 30 minutes; if you canât smoke it you will miss a lot of that good smoky flavor. But, you can still grill it on a hot grill.
- After 30 minutes I pulled the steak off the grill and turned it up all the way. When it came above 400 degrees I put this one for 10 minutes per side for medium rare.
- I sliced up my onions and peppers and put them on the grill in a cast iron skillet when I start the grill. They are usually ready when the meat is.
- For directions using other types of grills check out our website http://datenightdoins.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 400g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 343||54%|
|Total Fat 38.07g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 15.87g||63%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 11.61g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|