Use the slow cooker to make a soul-warming filling for soft tacos.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 packet of taco sauce
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 can chili-ready diced tomatoes
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Greek yogurt
- green olives
- Vegetarian refried beans
- Cheese sauce (melted Velveeta with milk)
- Get some olive oil heated up in a pan while you chop up one onion.
- As the onion gets chopped, add it to the pan.
- Add in 3 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- Once the onions have started to brown, add in one pound of lean ground turkey. When the meat is almost finished, add in some chopped fresh cilantro.
- Just after the meat has been browned, pour the contents of the pan into the CrockPot.
- On top of the ground turkey mixture, add in the can of chickpeas, the undrained can of diced tomatoes, the can of tomato paste, and the taco sauce.
- Stir it all up, cover, and turn on to high. It's going to cook for about 4 hours.
- Make some cheese sauce just before you are getting ready to eat and heat up the refried beans. Then, on the table, set out the tortillas, shredded mozzarella cheese, green olives, the ground turkey mixture, Greek yogurt, and then the cheese sauce and refried beans.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 224g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||28%|
|Total Fat 8.82g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.42g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.2g|
|Total Carbs 31.74g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|