What a perfect cocktail for summertime entertaining. Stone fruits, peaches, plums and nectarines, are a great addition to this fruity, softer, white sangria. What I love about sangria is it’s beauty, taste and versatility. While there is a lot going on in sangria, the finer notes of the wine will get lost, so I'm using a reasonably priced wine. You’re probably familiar with the two buck chuck wine from Trader Joe’s called Charles Shaw. It costs about $2 a bottle. I'm using their Pinot Grigio but any white wine will work. There are no rules for making sangria as long as you add generous portions of fresh fruit. If you like a sweeter mixture, add some sugar. If you like more citrus, add lemon and lime slices or some orange juice. I'm adding diet 7-up to make it bubbly but you can also use club soda. Just keep mixing and tasting until you're happy with the results—and be sure to make twice as much as you think you'll need!
For more delicious, skinny recipes visit:
- 6 peaches, plums or nectarines, or your favorite combination of stone fruits, halved, pitted and
- sliced Â¼ inch thick
- 1 Â½ cups Ocean Sprayâs Cran-Peach juice, apple juice or white grape juice
- 2 cans diet 7-up
- Â¼ cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 bottle (750ml) Trader Joeâs, Charles Shaw Pinot Grigio, or your favorite white wine
- Ice cubes for serving
- In a large pitcher, combine the fruit, cran-peach juice, orange liqueur and wine. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Just before serving stir in the 7-up. Ladle the sangria into ice-filled glasses. Be sure each glass get ample fruit.
- Serve immediately.
- *My calculations are different than what Cook Eat Share came up with. I'm sure they didn't include all of the ingredients. Here's what it should be.
- SKINNY FACTS: for one serving
- 169 calories, 0g fat, 1g protein, 19g carbs 1g fiber, 30mg sodium, 11g sugar
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 118g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||3%|
|Total Fat 0.27g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.3g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|