Cost per serving $1.35 view details
- 2 medium butternut squash, or half a turban pumpkin seeded and cut into 1-inch slices
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons plus 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced paper-thin
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season the squash with salt and pepper, drizzle with 4 tablespoons olive oil, and place in a single layer on 1 or 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake in the oven until just tender, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the remaining oil, vinegar, onion, chile flakes, oregano, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Remove the squash from the oven and pour the marinade over. Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the marinade, sprinkle with fresh mint leaves, and serve.
- This dish can be made earlier in the day but should not be refrigerated.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 51g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 150||93%|
|Total Fat 17.02g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 2.37g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.19g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|