My whole apartment was filled with these tantalizing aromas teasing and beckoning me back into the kitchen and oh, I was SO there! But when I tasted it...OMG! I was like Mmmmm!....Mmmmm!....Mmmmm! I just couldn't stop saying Mmmmm! The first thing that came to mind was OMG! I better get a picture of this before I eat it all, LOL! The flavors were literally exploding in my mouth! The chicken was exceptionally moist and tender, the apples juicy and not too sweet, just right. The broth? OMG! The broth was off the richter scale folks! Best of all this dish was SO easy to prepare! Try it and let me know what you think!
- 3 x local apples, peeled, quartered, cored and sliced 1/8" thick
- 3 x onions, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 head garlic, peeled cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 roasting chicken (I used boneless chicken breasts)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the apples, onions and garlic in a roasting pan large enough to hold the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and add rosemary. Toss well and pour in the cider.
- Season the chicken well with salt, pepper, and thyme and place on top of apples.
- Cover loosely with foil and roast in oven until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest
- part of the thigh reads 180 degrees, about twenty minutes per pound.
- Serve with french bread and your favorite red wine!~
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 417g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 423||59%|
|Total Fat 46.96g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 13.52g||54%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.54g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|