Cost per serving $1.24 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. flour
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 x Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 c. dry mashed potato flakes
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 x codfish steaks, 1" thk - (4 ounce ea)
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 10 Tbsp. chilled unsalted butter cut up
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the Large eggs with the mustard. In a third shallow bowl, place dry mashed potato flakes.
- In a large ovenproof saute/fry pan, heat oil.
- Dip the steaks first in the flour, then the egg mix, and finally in the potato. Add in the fish to the saute/fry pan and cook for 2 min per side. Then place the fish into the oven for 4 min, till the fish is cooked through and golden brown.
- To serve, spoon the Lemon Butter Sauce in the center of each plate. Place the crusted steaks in the center of the sauce.
- Lemon Butter Sauce: Set a large non-reactive saucepan over high heat. Add in the wine, lemon juice, garlic, and shallots. Cook for 5 to 6 min or possibly till liquid is reduced by 2/3.
- Over low heat, whisk in 6 Tbsp. of the butter a few pats at a time. Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 4 Tbsp. of the butter 1 Tbsp. at a time. Continue whisking till all of the butter is incorporated into the sauce.
- Strain the sauce, pressing all of the liquid into a bowl. Stir in the parsley. Serve immediately, or possibly keep hot for a few min till ready to use. (Makes 1/2 c.)
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 251g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 397||59%|
|Total Fat 45.02g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 20.65g||83%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 49.02g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|