Cost per serving $2.66 view details
- 2 lb Boneless sirloin steak
- Â Â About 1 1/2-in. thick
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut oil
- 6 Tbsp. Shallots, minced
- 1Â 1/2 c. Burgundy wine
- 3/4 c. Butter
- Â Â Watercress for garnish
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat the broiler to high.
- 2. Rub the steak on both sides with the oil.
- 3. Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper, using generous amounts of pepper.
- 4. Place the steak on the broiler rack and let it cook 4-5 minutes.
- from the source of heat. Broil 3-5 minutes., then turn the steak and broil on the side 3-5 minutes. Cooking tiome will depend on the desire degree of doneness.
- 5. Transfer the steak to a warm platter and cover loosely with foil. Let the steak stand in a hot place about 5 minutes. to redistribute the internal juices of the meat.
- 6. Meanwhile, make the red butter sauce.
- Combine the shallots and wine in a saucepan and bring to a vigorous boil.
- Let the wine cook down to about 1/3 c..
- 7. Continue cooking over high heat, stirring rapidly with a wire whisk, and adding the butter about 2 tbsp at a time. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8. Slice the steak on the diagonal (across the grain of the meat) and garnish with watercress.
- Serve with red butter sauce.
- This dish: Steak grille au beurre rouge
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 371g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 615||69%|
|Total Fat 69.25g||87%|
|Saturated Fat 34.29g||137%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.52g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|