This is a creamy, thick soup that warms you up on a cold night.
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6-8 servings
Cost per serving $2.96 view details
- 8-10 large red potatoes cut up into small pieces
- 2 cups of milk
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 1 8 oz container of sour cream
- 1 pound finely shredded cheddar cheese.
- Put broth and milk into a large stew pot, add in the potatoes and cook down until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the potatoes a little at a time and put into a blender, adding some of the liquid or water as needed to keep it from getting too thick as you puree the potatoes. Add the potato puree back into the pot. Add in the cheddar cheese, a little at a time, and stir gently until all the cheese is melted. Add in a few pinches Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt. During the last few minutes of cooking add in the sour cream and whisk until completely blended.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream in the center of the bowl with some of the finely shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1063g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 319||38%|
|Total Fat 36.24g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 22.08g||88%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 95.0g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.7g||36%|