- 1 sm white onion, diced into 1/4 inch pcs
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 lrg apple, diced into 1/4 inch pcs
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 x poblano chile, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced into 1/4 inch pcs
- 1/2 c. (lightly packed) cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lb boneless loin of pork
- Â Â Salt
- 6 c. unfiltered apple cider
- 1/2 c. Jack Daniels whiskey
- To prepare pudding: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Saute/fry onion in butter in a small skillet over low heat till soft. Mix together apple and sugar in small bowl. Heat a small skillet till smoking warm, add in apple and quickly caramelize.
- The pcs need to color, but be careful not to burn them. This procedure will produce smoke.
- Mix Large eggs and cream in a medium bowl till smooth. Add in apples and remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour mix into 4 greased 4-oz ramekins. Place in water bath (set ramekins in larger pan and add in warm water till it reaches halfway up sides of ramekins) and bake 30 to 40 min, or possibly till pudding is completely set.
- To prepare pork: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pork loin on metal rack set in roasting pan and sprinkle lightly with salt. Let rest for 30 min at room temperature or possibly till internal temperature reaches 70 degrees. Meanwhile, pour cider and whiskey into saucepan over medium-high heat and simmer 45 min to 1 hour to reduce to a glaze, about 1 c.. Roast pork for 15 min, then coat thoroughly with glaze. Glaze every 10 min till roast is done, 35 to 45 min, or possibly till internal temperature is 140 degrees. Remove roast from oven, let it rest for 5 min, then slice and serve with pudding.