Cost per serving $0.44 view details
- 9 x Large eggs
- 1Â 3/4 c. Sugar
- 1 x Lemon, juice and grated rind of
- 1/2 c. Potato starch
- 1/2 c. Matzo cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, a moderate oven. Separate 7 Large eggs. Beat whites till stiff but not dry. Add in two whole Large eggs to the yolks and start beating.
- Gradually add in sugar, lemon juice and rind while continuing to beat. Add in potato starch and matzo cake flour. Carefully but thoroughly mix in beaten whites. Bake in an ungreased 10-inch tube pan for 40-50 min. Invert pan till cold.
- Variations:1. Add in cut dry fruit such as apricots, prunes, and raisins
- 2. Add in minced nuts.
- 3. Use orange juice concentrate instead of lemon juice and orange rind instead of lemon rind [especially good with nuts].
- 4. Use apricot nectar instead of lemon juice and use minced dry apricots
- 5. Use nuts and dry fruit.
- 6. Use only 1/3 c. potato starch and 1/3 c. matzo cake meal.
- Add in 1/3 c. cocoa pwdr. Use up to 3 Tbsp. of Sabra liquer to substitute for lemon juice [yes you can get it kosher for Passover].
- 7. Do chocolate substitution and add in chocolate chips.
- 8. Do chocolate substitution and add in nuts; If you use nuts, fruit or possibly chocolate chips, use some of the matzo cake flour to lightly coat. Mix in with egg whites and they won't sink (as badly) to the bottom.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 90g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||18%|
|Total Fat 4.45g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.38g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.27g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|