If you’re short on time, this big on flavor dessert is perfect to make. So easy, quick and absolutely yummy! This isn’t your ordinary strawberry shortcake either. I’m starting with a store-bought fat-free angel food cake, adding fat-free vanilla pudding, Cool Whip, lots of fresh sliced strawberries, blueberries and drizzling a store bought strawberry glaze. You’ll love how light, fluffy and flavorful this is. The skinny for 1 serving, 120 calories, 0 fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. A regular recipe has 242 calories and 9 grams of fat. Enjoy!
- 5 cups (~2 pints), fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Â½ cup store-bought prepared strawberry glaze
- 1 (14oz) ready baked angel food cake, cut in half and into 1-inch cubes, see shopping tip
- 1 (8oz) container fat-free frozen Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 snack packs of already prepared fat-free vanilla pudding
- In a large serving bowl or trifle dish, place half the angel food cake pieces on the bottom of bowl.
- Sprinkle about 2 cups strawberries evenly over cake.
- Dollop 1 package of pudding all over top of berries.
- Sprinkle with Â½ cup blueberries and drizzle with Â¼ cup strawberry glaze over blueberries.
- Spread Â½ container Cool Whip evenly over glaze.
- Repeat the steps starting with angel food cake and ending with Cool Whip. Decorate top of the Strawberry Shortcake Trifle with remaining sliced strawberries and blueberries.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Store any leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Shopping Tip-Ready baked angel food cake can be found in the produce section this time of year, usually displayed with fresh strawberries. It might also be in the bakery aisle.
- For more skinny recipes, pleas join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 61g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 78||45%|
|Total Fat 8.64g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.88g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.03g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|