- 3Â 1/2 ounce Bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 lb Margarine
- 1 c. Fine sugar
- 3 x Large eggs, separated
- 1 c. Sweet wine
- 8 whl matzos
- 1/2 c. Minced walnuts
- 1Â 1/2 ounce Bittersweet cholocale for curls
- Heat the chocolate over hot water in a double boiler. Allow to cold. In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine with the sugar till the margarine is fluffy and the sugar is dissolved. Add in the egg yolk one at a time and beat well.
- In another mixing bowl beat the egg whites till stiff. Fold the cooled chocolate mix into the egg yolk mixute and mix in the stiffly beaten whites.
- Pour the wine into a large shallow pan. Dip each matzo, one at a time, into the wine, just sufficient to moisten but not soak. Place 1 moistened matzo on a serving plate. Cover with 1 1/2 tbs of the chocolate filling. Top with another moistened matzo and more filling. Continue this process till the eighth matzo is on top. Cover the top and sides with the remaining filling.
- Decorate the top with minced walnuts and chocolate curls. Cover the cake loosely with plastic wrap and let the cake mellow for 24 hrs in the refrigerator. Cut into thin slices or possibly into small squares.