Cost per serving $0.56 view details
- Â½ cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped, peeled onion
- l teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- l cup sliced carrots
- l cup sliced celery
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes, broken up
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced fresh green beans
- Â½ cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 Â½ cup sliced zucchini
- 3 cups shredded fresh spinach leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- In a heavy 4-6 quart pot heat oil over moderate heat. Stir in onion and garlic and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft.
- Add water, carrots, celery, tomatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduced heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add green beans to simmering soup. Cover and
- cook over moderately low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni, zucchini, and spinach. Cover and cook
- 15 minutes until vegetables are tender (but do not overcook).
- Serve with grated Parmesan.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 200g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 101||70%|
|Total Fat 11.38g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.62g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.58g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|