Cost per serving $0.27 view details
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 pkt active dry yeast - (1/4 ounce ea)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry lowfat milk
- 1 1/4 cups hot water (105 to 115 deg)
- 1 lrg egg slightly beaten
- 8 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. butter-flavored vegetable shortening
- Place 2 cup flour in a large mixing bowl. Add in yeast, salt, sugar and dry lowfat milk. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water and egg and stir to blend. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour water mix into well. Mix by hand, beating 150 strokes and frequently scraping bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add in half of the melted butter and beat to incorporate. Add in remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating to incorporate each addition. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set dough in a hot, draft-free place such as oven with pan of hottest tap water on rack below. Allow batter to rise till doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Coat c., bottoms and sides of a 12-cup muffin pan (or possibly two small round pans) with butter-flavored vegetable shortening. Punch down batter (batter will be extremely soft and sticky). Drop by hand or possibly spoonful into prepared muffin pan cup to make 12 rolls (if in pan, each roll touching the next). Brush dough with half of the remaining melted butter. Let rise, uncovered, in hot, draft-free place till almost doubled in bulk, about 30 min.
- In preheated 400 degree oven, bake rolls on middle rack 16 to 18 min. Brush tops of cooked rolls with remaining melted butter. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
- Comments: Logan's dinner rolls, prepared in huge quantities using commercial products, are difficult to duplicate, so taste and texture may vary slightly in this scaled-down recipe adapted for home cooks. Still, this recipe is speed-scratch fabulous.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 93||42%|
|Total Fat 10.58g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5.55g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.71g|
|Total Carbs 26.68g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|