Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 2 c. grnd gingersnap cookies - (abt 38 cookies)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 6 Tbsp. Key lime juice
- Â Â (or possibly fresh lime juice)
- 1 env unflavored gelatin
- 2Â 1/2 c. chilled whipping cream
- 9 ounce good-quality white chocolate minced
- Â Â (such as Lindt or possibly Baker's)
- 3 pkt cream cheese - (8 ounce ea) room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. grated lime peel
- For Ccrust: Combine grnd cookies and sugar in processor. Add in melted butter and process, using on/off turns, till moist clumps form. Press mix onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 10-inch-diameter springform pan.
- For Filling: Place lime juice in bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over to soften. Bring 1/2 c. cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add in white chocolate and stir till melted and smooth. Stir in gelatin mix. Cold slightly. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and lime peel in large bowl to blend. Slowly beat white chocolate mix into cream cheese mix.
- Using clean dry beaters, beat remaining 2 c. whipping cream in another large bowl to peaks. Fold into white chocolate mix. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover and chill overnight. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.) Release pan sides from cake. Transfer cake to platter and serve.
- This recipe yields 12 to 14 servings.
- Comments: "Every meal I've had at Addie's, a small place in nearby Rockville, has been great," says Alyssa Shooshan of Potomac, Maryland. "I especially like the lime cake; in fact, it's one of my favorite desserts. I do a lot of entertaining and would love to make the cake for a party."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 100g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 158||43%|
|Total Fat 17.92g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 9.76g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.96g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|