Cost per serving $2.46 view details
- 3/4 lb boneless pork shoulder or other pork meat
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2.5 cups beef or vegetable broth or 2.5 cups water and 1 tsp beef or vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 14.5oz can tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 4 med carrots and/or parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup dry brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 tsp dried rosemary, crushed or 3 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Trim fat from meat. Cut into 3/4 in cubes. Cook meat, onion and garlic in hot oil in a large non-stick skillet until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Transfer to a 3-7 qt slow cooker. Add water or bouillon, tomatoes and juice, carrots, parsnips, celery, lentils, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hrs or on high for 5 hours.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs if available.
- Serve with crusty artisan bread, brown rice, or mashed potatoes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 375g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 261||45%|
|Total Fat 29.04g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 10.74g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.02g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.2g||47%|