Cost per recipe $18.06 view details
- 2Â 1/2 c. Cake flour, (not self-rising)
- 2Â 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1Â 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 stk plus 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened (1/2 c.)
- 1Â 1/4 c. Sugar
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Freshly grated lemon zest
- Â Â Note: 2 separate batches of this batter, (don't double) are required in this recipe
- 2/3 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Water
- 1 lrg Lemon removed in strips with a vegetable, zest of peeler
- 1/3 c. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Eau-de-vie de framboise
- Â Â Two, (9-inch) cardboard rounds*
- Â Â Two, (7-inch) cardboard rounds*
- Â Â Two, (6-inch) cardboard rounds*, trimmed to create 5-inch rounds
- Â Â Lemon Meringue Buttercream
- 5 c. Raspberries, picked over , about
- Â Â Five 8-inch plastic straws
- Â Â #66 leaf tip*
- Â Â #70 leaf tip*
- Â Â #113 leaf tip*
- Â Â Note: A cake-decorating turntable* is extremely helpful for assembling and decorating a wedding cake.
- Â Â Crystallized edible flowers and mint leaves*
- Â Â Accompaniments:Creme Fraî,che Ice Cream
- Â Â Additional raspberries
- *Available at specialty baking stores
- Make first batch of batter:Preheat oven to 350F. and line a buttered 10-inch round cake pan (at least 2 inches deep) with a round of wax paper. Butter paper and dust pan with flour, knocking out excess.
- Into a bowl sift together flour, baking pwdr, and salt. In another bowl with an electric mixer cream butter with sugar till light and fluffy and beat in Large eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and vanilla.
- Add in flour mix and lowfat milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour mix and beating till just combined after each addition, and beat in zest (don't overmix).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in middle of oven 35 to 40 min, or possibly till a tester comes out clean. Cold cake in pan on a rack 5 min and invert onto rack. Peel off paper and cold cake completely.
- Make second batch of batter:Line a buttered 6-inch round cake pan and a buttered 8-inch round cake pan
- (each at least 2 inches deep) with rounds of wax paper. Butter paper and dust pans with flour, knocking out excess.
- Make batter in same manner.
- Pour 1 3/4 c. batter into prepared 6-inch pan. Pour remaining batter into prepared 8-inch pan. Bake 6-inch cake in middle of oven 30 to 35 min and 8-inch cake 35 to 40 min, or possibly till a tester comes out clean. Cold cakes in pans on racks 5 min and invert onto racks. Peel off paper and cold cakes completely.
- Cake layers may be made 2 weeks ahead, wrapped well in plastic wrap and foil, and frzn. Defrost cake layers (without unwrapping) at room temperature.
- Make syrup:continued in part 2
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2206g|
|Calories from Fat 1017||24%|
|Total Fat 115.63g||145%|
|Saturated Fat 64.75g||259%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 746.72g||199%|
|Dietary Fiber 46.5g||155%|