Cost per serving $0.71 view details
- Key Lime Tartlets
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Filling:
- 1/4 cup cornstarch 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of ground coriander 1/2 cup bottled Key lime juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract Garnish:
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut Sweetened whipped cream -recipe follows
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts Zest from 1 lime
- Mini Muffin Tins
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Beat cream and sugar together on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- For shells:
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt and coriander.
- Place the sugar and zest in a mixer bowl and, using your fingertips, work the zest into the sugar until the sugar is moist and the mixture fragrant.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, sugar and zest on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing only until the dry ingredients disappear. Add the coconut and nuts and pulse to incorporate them. There will probably be some dry ingredients in the bottom of the bowlâdonât work them in with the mixer, just reach into the bowl and knead them in.
- Pat dough into a disc , wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour or for up to 2 days.
- Take 1 tablespoon of chilled dough and roll into a ball. Place the dough ball in one of the mini muffin tin cups, pressing dough to come up sides of cup. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Chill dough filled muffin tins for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 325 degree preheated oven 14 minutes. Remove tins from oven. Using the back of a teaspoon, press the dough down and into sides of mini muffin tin cups, to maintain shape.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling:
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Fill pre-baked tart shells with filling. Return tarts to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool completely in tins. Carefully remove (tarts are fragile!) from muffin tins and transfer to large baking sheet. Refrigerate at least one hour, or up to 2 days before serving.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and lime zest
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 73g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 250||72%|
|Total Fat 28.43g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 18.14g||73%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.4g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|