Whenever I am in Japan I go to their bakeries
almost every day. To me, they bake the most delicious
and creative breads in the world! One of their specialties is 'curry pan'.
Deep fried donuts filled with Japanese curry inside. It is one of my favorite
things on this planet! This is my own version of curry pan.
- 3 small carrots, chop bite size
- 2 potatoes, chopped bite size
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 package of Japanese curry
- 1 box puff pastry
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pot over medium/high heat, add oil and onions. Cook for 2 minutes. Add potatoes and carrots, cook for 5 minutes. Add water and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add curry mix and cook for another 10 minutes.
- On a sheet pan, cut puff pastry into squares (1 sheet should give you 4 squares) and with a spoon, fill the middle of 1/2 of the squares you have.
- Cover the top with the empty squares and seal the edges tightly (you can use a bit of water to moisten the edges and help them stick more easily)
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown & serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 327g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||28%|
|Total Fat 4.65g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.18g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.76g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|