Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 3 c. Granulated sugar
- 1Â 1/2 c. Margarine or possibly butter - (3 sticks)
- 3 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 ct Lowfat sour cream - (8 ounce)
- 1 c. Mashed potatoes (see comments)
- 1/2 c. Unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 1/2 c. Orange juice
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Orange extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 5 lrg Large eggs
- 1 pkt Cream cheese - (3 ounce) softened
- 2 Tbsp. Lowfat milk (1 percent, 2 percent or possibly whole)
- 2 c. Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Â Â Raspberries for garnish
- To prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar with margarine just till blended. Increase speed to high; beat 3 min or possibly till light and fluffy, scraping bowl frequently with rubber spatula.
- Reduce speed to low. Add in flour, lowfat sour cream, mashed potatoes, cocoa pwdr, orange juice, baking soda, orange extract, salt and Large eggs. Beat till well-blended, constantly scraping bowl. Increase speed to high; beat 2 min, occasionally scraping bowl. Spoon batter into pan. Bake 1 hour and 30 min or possibly till toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cold in pan on wire rack for 15 min. With spatula, loosen cake, remove from pan and place on rack to cold completely.
- When cake is cold, prepare cream cheese icing: In a small bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat cream cheese and lowfat milk till smooth. Beat in sugar and vanilla till well-blended with a good spreading consistency, adding additional lowfat milk if necessary.
- Spread icing on top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down the sides. Garnish top of cake with raspberries.
- Yields 16 servings.
- Comments: Use leftover mashed potatoes or possibly this recipe.
- Peel 1 potato; cut into 1-inch chunks (you should have about 5 c.). Place in a saucepan; add in water to cover completely. Cook 13 to 15 min or possibly till very tender. Drain water; return cooked potato to pot. Stir over medium heat about 1 minute, till excess water has evaporated. With potato masher, mash in 1/3 c. warm lowfat milk, 1/2 Tbsp. butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Beat with wooden spoon till smooth and creamy.
- Recipes furnished by the Idaho Potato Commission
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 134g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 171||35%|
|Total Fat 19.3g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 3.78g||15%|
|Trans Fat 3.17g|
|Total Carbs 75.75g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|