This recipe is as easy as it can only get. I think the hardest part is to take the apples’ seeds out, so that the apples would be intact.
I am cooking these apples since the time I remember myself cooking. My Daddy cooks these apples in red wine, but, let’s not get too crazy here. I’m on a quest for a healthy, kid-friendly dessert.
- 9 apples (you can take more, you can take less. 9 apples are good for 3 people)
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey (depends on how you like them: too sweet or not so sweet)
- Â¼ stick of butter.
- I donât use sugar, caramel or anything unnatural in this dessert. Itâs sweet, delicious healthy. Your family members will LOVE this desert because combination of the ingredients is amazingly delicious.
- You will like this dessert, because it is healthy and doesnât involve sugar.
- Step 1: Wash and take the seeds out of the apple as shown in the picture.
- Step 2: Crush the walnuts, add some honey, cinnamon, melted butter and honey. Mix very well.
- Step 3: Preheat the oven at 350F. Put the stuffing (walnuts with honey, cinnamon and butter) inside the apples, place in a deep baking dish, add some water.
- Step 4: Bake for 25-30 minutes and serve warm.
- ***Tip from Helen*** I prefer mid-sized red apples for this dish, but green will also be fine. Just they shouldnât be too firm. Yellow apples wonât taste as good, because they will be too sweet and soft ***
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 537g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 170||34%|
|Total Fat 19.93g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 6.07g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 85.74g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.7g||46%|