This recipe is really amazing and fast to cook, considering the fact that button mushrooms contain 17 different vitamins, the benefits from this dish increase dramatically.
This dish has a long history in my house, it was cooked without cheese and grapes, but I decided to add the sweet twist to it. THe bitterness of cheese and buttin mushrooms combined with sweetness ofgrapes and lemon basil make the combination very rich and the taste pallette wider
- 8 big button mushrooms
- 1/2 lbs of minced pork meat
- 1/4 of white onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 8 leaves of lemon basil
- 2 pieces of provolone sliced cheese.
- Step 1: Take the button mushrooms stalks away. Clean the mushroom from the inside peel the skin (optional), wash carefully.
- Step 2: Chop the onion, mix with minced pork and seson very well.
- Step 3: Take the washedbutton mushroom caps, put them near you, form the meatball out of the meat, put the meatball inside the button mushtoom cap.
- Step4: Repeat with all 8 mushroom caps, set on a baking dish and set to bake at 350F for 17 minutes.
- ****Helenâs cooking tip*** Donât forget to add water into the baking dish (1/2 cup)***
- Step 5: While the mushrooms are baking take the cheese slices cut them in quarters and set aside. Take the seedless grapes, cut it in slices and set aside. Wash the lemon basil leaves.
- Step 6: In 17 minutes take your button mushrooms out of the oven, sover with cheese and set to bake for 3 more minutes.
- Step 7: In 3 minutes, take the mushrooms out and decorate with sliced grapes and lemon basil.
- Serve warm.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 131g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 117||49%|
|Total Fat 13.2g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 6.77g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.21g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|