Grilled steak is paired with timeless accompaniments like mushrooms, onions, and rosemary. A sweet and savory sauce and Gorgonzola finish off the taste-bud orgy that is this easy and delicious main course. Indulgent, but worth every bite.
- 6 1/2 to 3/4 inch New York strip steaks
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 c. low-sodium beef broth (may substitute vegetable stock)
- 2 tbsp. apricot jam
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 c. Gorgonzola, crumbled
- Parsley and lemon wedges for garnish
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat oil and butter until butter browns but not burns. Carefully add mushrooms, onions, and 1 tsp. pepper. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with kosher salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat grill pan to medium high heat. Season steaks on both sides salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil. Place steaks on grill and cook to desired doneness, turning once. Medium-rare takes about 8 minutes.
- Alternately, add stock to saucepan with mushrooms and onions. Bring temperature up to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir in lemon juice, rosemary, apricot jam, and Sriracha. Continue to simmer until steaks are done. Allow steaks to rest several minutes before plating.
- Assembly: Arrange steaks on large serving platter and pour mushroom mixture atop. Crumble Gorgonzola evenly over sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 67g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 70||63%|
|Total Fat 7.97g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.69g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.94g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|