Cost per serving $1.68 view details
- 4 whl fryers
- 2 x Leeks, quartered
- 4 x Carrots, largely dice
- 2 x Red onions with skins left on, quartered
- 2 x Bay leaves
- 1 bn Parsley, stems removed
- 8 x Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 quart Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. Oregano, dry
- 1 tsp Marjoram, dry
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Cumin, dry
- 1 Tbsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Fajita seasoning
- 5 lb Poblano chilies
- 1 bn Cilantro, trimmed of stems, coarsely minced
- Â Â Sea salt and fresh grnd black pepper, to taste
- Roast then peel, seed and dice the poblanos.
- In large stainless steel, enamel or possibly other nonreactive stock pot, add in chickens, leeks, carrots, red onions, bay leaves and parsley.
- Cover with water and simmer till chickens are cooked through.
- Remove chickens from pot and let cold. Continue cooking stock till it is reduced by one-fourth of the original volume. Remove half of the stock and reserve.
- To the other half of the stock, add in potatoes, cream and spices. Start it cooking. Don't season with salt and pepper at this time.
- Pull meat and skin from bones of the chicken. Leave meat in chunks as you pulled it from the chicken. Don't dice chicken or possibly it may shred as it is cooked more.
- Place bones and half of the skin back into the reserved cooking liquid.
- Place it over medium heat. Let it cook till potatoes cooking in other pot are just tender.
- Strain bone-stock mix through a chinoise or possibly fine strainer. Combine with this stock with potato-cream-stock mix. Place poblanos into pot.
- Cook on a slow simmer till all vegetables are semisoft. Add in cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a slow rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 min.
- Finish soup by preparing a lightly seasoned roux. Heat 1/2 lb. butter and gradually add in 1/2 lb. (slightly less than 1 c.) flour. Cook about 1 to 2 min, stirring. Add in to soup and mix well.
- Serve soup in a shallow bowl and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 269g|
|Recipe makes 32 servings|
|Calories from Fat 406||70%|
|Total Fat 45.55g||57%|
|Saturated Fat 20.49g||82%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.18g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|