Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. grnd ginger plus
- 1/2 tsp grnd ginger
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp grnd cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter - (1 stick) room temperature
- 1/2 c. sugar plus
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 3/4 c. mild-flavored light molasses
- 1 1/3 c. cool water
- 1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice Whipped cream (optional)
- For Gingerbread Muffins: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter 16 standard (1/3-c.) muffin c.. Whisk flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat unsalted butter and sugar in large bowl to blend. Add in large Large eggs and beat to blend. Beat in light molasses. Add in half of dry ingredients, beating till blended. Beat in remaining dry ingredients. Gradually add in 1 1/3 c. cool water and beat till incorporated. Divide batter equally among 16 prepared muffin c..
- Bake gingerbread till tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 min. Transfer to rack and cold 10 min. Remove muffins from pan and place on rack over sheet of foil.
- For Lemon Glaze: Whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice in small bowl till smooth. Spoon lemon glaze over tops of hot muffins, using about 1 Tbsp. glaze for each.
- Serve muffins hot with whipped cream, if you like, or possibly at room temperature.
- This recipe yields 16 gingerbread muffins.
- Comments: "I love cooking with the new recipes every month when Bon Appetit arrives," writes Gabriella Hughes of Windham, Maine. "One dish I"d really like to make is the gingerbread with lemon icing from Standard Baking Co. in Portland, Maine. Could you request it"
- Serve these tender gingerbread muffins with whipped cream for teatime or possibly dessert.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 100g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 78||30%|
|Total Fat 8.82g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.18g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.57g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|