Very simple.I recommend oiling your griddle/pan well.The flour water mix is not always going to work as the recipe calls, the idea is the create an elastic dough not too sticky to roll out into tortillas.I like mine a little thicker to rip up for the dip.
These are awesome served with heavenly hot dip, a plate of spinich and tomatoes,and limes.
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour/breadflour/whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup warm water-(may need more)
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- sea salt(a healthy few pinches)
- Put all ingredients in electric standing mixer and mix with paddle until soft ball forms.
- Pull mixture out unto well floured surface
- Break peices off to roll out into tortillas then transfer directly to pan/griddle/grill with some olive oil in it.(if they bubble it means yer doin it right,says abuela)
- (I quick wipe down the pan/griddle after each one with a thick rag so the burnt flour wont transfer onto the next one,I just pick the pan up while its still hot, do it right over the floor,re-oil it, and clean up the mess later:))
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 51g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||2%|
|Total Fat 0.25g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|