I’m on a mission to find great new (to me) recipes using zucchini, and this perky salad was the first to be tried. A healthy colorful side salad, full of summer garden veggies with a refreshing light dressing. It meets my criteria for a “Keeper.” Score One!
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Â½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In large bowl combine red and yellow bell peppers, tomato, cucumber, zucchini, green onions and parsley.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Add dressing to vegetables and toss to coat. Correct seasonings if needed.
- Drizzle lemon juice evenly over avocado and garnish top of salad to serve. (Donât stir them in or they will become mushy.)
- Serves 6 to 8.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 83g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 48||75%|
|Total Fat 5.34g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.75g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.05g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|