Cost per recipe $6.82 view details
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. fine dry bread crumbs
- 4 lrg Large eggs, separated
- 3/4 lb (3 sticks) plus 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature,
- Â Â divided use
- 1 c. sugar
- 3/4 lb carrots, grated (about 3 c.)
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1Â 1/2 tsp salt, divided use
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 c. bleached all-purpose flour
- 2 med -size carrots, boiled in water till fork-tender, liquid removed, peeled and
- Â Â cut
- Â Â into small dice Or possibly 1 c. frzn diced carrots or possibly vegetable of your choice
- 1 lb English (sweet) peas, fresh or possibly frzn, blanched 2 min in boiling
- Â Â water and liquid removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 inch Bundt or possibly tube pan with vegetable oil. Dust bottom and sides of pan proportionately with bread crumbs. With electric mixer in a medium-size bowl, beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- Set aside.
- With mixer fitted with a paddle attachment in a large mixing bowl, cream 3/4 lb. butter and sugar together. Add in egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition. Add in carrots, lowfat milk and lemon juice; beat till well-mixed. Add in 1 tsp. salt, all baking pwdr, baking soda and flour. Beat till well-mixed.
- Mix in egg whites till no streaks remain and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake till golden and top springs back when touched, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cold about 5 min. With a thin knife, loosen sides of cake and remove it from pan, turning it bottom side up, onto a serving platter.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add in carrots and peas, and season with the remaining salt and black pepper; cook 5 min. Spoon mix into hole of carrot ring. Slice ring and serve with vegetables.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1276g|
|Calories from Fat 344||14%|
|Total Fat 38.79g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 8.28g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 469.75g||125%|
|Dietary Fiber 25.4g||85%|