Cost per serving $0.20 view details
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 4 ounce Caster sugar
- 3Â 1/2 ounce Plain flour
- 1/2 ounce Cocoa pwdr
- 1 ounce Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Warm water
- 1 x 500 gram tin sweetened chestnut puree
- 8 ounce Chocolate buttercream icing
- 1 Tbsp. Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/375F/190C. Grease and line a 13 in x 9 in Swiss roll tin with greased silicone paper.
- Sift the flour and cocoa onto plate; set aside in hot place. Heat butter.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the Large eggs and caster sugar in a heatproof bowl till well-blended.
- Place the heatproof bowl over large pan of warm water. Continue whisking till egg mix is pale and leaves a trail when the whisk is lifted.
- Re-sift the flour/cocoa mix. Using a metal spoon, fold into egg.
- Mix in melted butter. Mix in 1 tbsp warm water. Pour the mix into a lined Swiss roll tin.
- Bake for 10 min till the cake feels hard when pressed gently.
- Place sheet of greaseroof paper on a damp tea-towel. Sprinkle paper with caster sugar.
- Turn the baked cake straight from the oven onto the sugared paper. Remove the lining paper from the cake. Trim off cake's crusty edges.
- Roll up the cake from a short side. Cover with the damp tea-towel and set aside to cold.
- Uncover and unroll the cake. Spread with chestnut puree. Roll up the cake carefully over puree.
- Place on serving dish. Spread with chocolate icing. Lightly dust with sifted icing sugar.
- NOTES : Try this yummy French Christmas cake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 39g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 44||40%|
|Total Fat 4.97g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.47g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.65g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|