Cost per serving $1.22 view details
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp low fat buttermilk
- 1 large or extra-large egg
- 2 tbsp butter — melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest — or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray an 8 inch round nonstick baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Use a wire whisk to mix.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently mix the buttermilk, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Mix until combined and do not over mix. Let the batter sit for a couple of minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the blueberries, 2 tbsp granulated sugar, and cinnamon in a separate medium bowl. Mix very gently to keep the blueberries whole.
- Mix the batter once more and pour into prepared baking pan. Gently spread the blueberries evenly over the cake.
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes; after 15 minutes turn the pan around for even baking. Check cake after 25 minutes; a tooth pick or wooden skewer should come out clean. The cake will look beautifully golden in color when ready.
- Let the cake cool for about 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and lemon zest. Serve warm and enjoy this refreshing treat!
- Makes 8 nice size slices of yummy cake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 108g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 30||18%|
|Total Fat 3.44g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.98g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.16g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|