Cost per serving $1.24 view details
- 5 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped (or the equivalent mixed sweet bell peppers)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large rib of celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 - 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fat free, reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 TBS. balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS cornstarch dissolved in a little water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray liner of a 6 quart crockpot with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts inside the bottom. Add in the green pepper, onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms, and garlic. Open can of diced tomatoes and top the vegetables in the crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, chicken stock, wine and balsamic vinegar. Mix well. Pour on top of chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- Add in the cornstarch dissolved in water. Stir and allow to cook for another 20 minutes on HIGH or until the sauce has thickened. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 232g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 4||4%|
|Total Fat 0.44g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.09g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.84g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|