Cost per serving $10.77 view details
- 6 ounce Bacon minced
- 2 c. Minced yellow onions
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. Minced celery
- 1 c. Peeled, seeded, minced fresh tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 2 x Ham hocks - (4 to 6 ounce ea)
- 1/2 lb Duck confit shredded
- Â Â (store bought or possibly homemade)
- 1 lb Navy white beans
- 10 c. Beef stock
- 6 ounce Foie gras cleaned, diced small
- 1/4 c. Minced green onions
- 4 x Bone-in rib-eye steaks - (18 to 20 ounce ea)
- Â Â Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Creole mustard
- 2 c. Fine dry bread crumbs see * Note
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Fried parsnips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree.
- In a large saucepan, render the bacon till crispy, about 6 to 8 min. Add in the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute/fry for 3 to 4 min. Add in the celery, tomatoes and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the ham hocks and confit. Stir in the beans and stock. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook till the beans are tender, about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs.
- In a warm saute/fry pan, sear the foie gras for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and turn into the bean mix, including the foie gras fat. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the green onions. Season the steaks with a extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a warm saute/fry pan, sear the steaks for 3 min on each side. Remove and cold completely. Smear each steak completely with the mustard.
- In a small mixing bowl, season the bread crumbs with Emeril's Essence. Add in the extra virgin olive oil and mix. Dredge the steaks in the seasoned bread crumbs, coating all sides completely. Place the steaks on a parchment or possibly waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Roast the steaks for 15 min or possibly till the steaks are medium-rare.
- To serve, spoon the bean mix in the center of the plate. Lay the steaks on top of the beans and serve with fried parsnips.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1300g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 572||45%|
|Total Fat 63.74g||80%|
|Saturated Fat 19.4g||78%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 76.61g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.5g||38%|