Cost per serving $1.57 view details
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. Creole seasoning see * Note
- 4 x bone-in Dry-Aged Rib-Eye steaks (20 to 22 ounce ea)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- 1/4 c. dry red wine
- 1 c. demi-glace
- 4 c. Mashed Potatoes warm, (see below)
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 lb potatoes peeled, diced
- 1 stk butter cubed
- 1/2 c. heavy cream - (to 3/4 c.)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and Creole seasoning. Mix well. Spread each side of the steaks completely with the Creole seasoning mix. Place in a shallow pan, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hrs. Remove and bring to room temperature before grilling, about 30 min. Preheat the grill.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, heat the butter. Add in the shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute/fry for 1 minute. Add in the red wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the demi-glace. Simmer for 2 min and remove from the heat, keeping hot.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook for about 4 to 6 min on each side for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and cold for a couple of min before serving. Place the steaks and potatoes on each serving plate. Spoon a quarter of the sauce over each steak. Garnish with parsley.
- For the Mashed Potatoes: Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes till fork tender, about 12 to 15 min. Remove the pan from the heat and drain.
- Place the potatoes back in the pot and return to the heat. Stir the potatoes, constantly, for 2 to 3 min to dehydrated the potatoes. Remove the potatoes from the heat. Add in the butter. Using a hand-held masher, mash the butter into the potatoes. Add in sufficient cream till desired smoothness is achieved. The potatoes should still be sort of lumpy. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. (Makes 6 to 8 servings)
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 391g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 524||67%|
|Total Fat 59.54g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 22.19g||89%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 58.11g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|