Cost per serving $0.58 view details
- 175 gm caster sugar
- 100 ml warm water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways & seeds scraped out
- 4 large eggs
- thick cream
- Preheat oven to 165Â°C fan forced (185Â°C normal).
- To make the caramel, put 75 gm caster sugar and the warm water in a small pot and gently cook until golden, swirling every now and then. DONâT STIR! (If you are a caramel lover, double the quantities.)
- Put the milk and vanilla in another pot and gently bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs with the remaining caster sugar in a large bowl with an electric beater until pale and thick. Then pour in the boiling milk, continually mixing, and strain well, removing any foam.
- Place 4 dariole moulds (or soufflÃ© dishes) in a baking tray and divide the caramel between each one. Then top with the custard and pour boiling water into the tray to come up about halfway. Cook in the oven for about 30-40 mins until just set. Cool and refrigerate.
- When ready, turn out the crÃ¨me caramels onto individual plates and serve with a dollop of cream on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 199g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 84||56%|
|Total Fat 9.4g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4.14g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.0g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|