There's nothing wimpy 'bout these shrimpys. Amazing flavor and super crispity crunch in this recipe that's perfect for any occasion. These morsels get a power packed boost from a complex yet simple marinade that's simply out of this world. Try to eat just one- I dare you.!! Three or four of these bad boys will easily stand in as a main course or pair well with a favorite green salad!!
- 1 bag 16-22 jumbo or colossal shrimp
- 1/2 c. dill pickle juice from the jar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 c. plus 1/2 c. plain flour
- 1/2 c. seasoned flour
- 3/4 c. low fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. paprika, divided
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 c. Panko
- kosher salt and cracked blacked pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine pickle juice, fish sauce, sugar, worchestershire, juice of lemon and kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate covered for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- About 10 minutes before you are ready for your shrimp, heat oil in a heavy bottom pot or dutch oven. Fill with about 2 inches of oil. Bring up to 375* F.
- Get three shallow dishes. In dish 1, add 1 c. plain flour and 1/2 tsp. paprika. In dish 2, add seasoned flour, remaining plain flour, milk and egg. Blend well. In dish 3, add panko, remaining paprika and parsley. Season dish 1 and 3 with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain excess marinade off shrimp. Toss in plain flour and shake off excess. Dip in wet mix and toss in panko. Transfer to a platter until all have been coated.
- Fry in small batches until golden brown and floating- about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels until ready to plate. Serve with Sweet and Sour sauce or whatever your favorite dipping sauce desired.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 66g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 17||11%|
|Total Fat 1.89g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.65g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.83g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|