Cost per serving $1.74 view details
- Â Â Juice and finely grated peel of
- 1/2 x lime and
- 1/2 x orange
- Â Â ready-to-serve vegetable broth as needed
- 3/4 c. couscous
- Â Â salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 dsh tabasco sauce (several)
- 3 dsh teriyaki sauce (several)
- 1 x garlic clove crushed, (optional)
- 1 lrg seedless orange, peel and pith removed diced
- 1/2 lb smoked tofu 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 4 x scallions sliced
- 2 Tbsp. shredded fresh mint
- Â Â halved cherry tomatoes
- Â Â lemon, lime and orange wedges
- For the couscous, mix the lime juice, orange juice and grated peel in a measuring c. and add in sufficient broth to total 1 c. liquid. Pour into saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour this warm liquid over the couscous in a large bowl for serving, season with salt and pepper to taste, and mix well. Let steep for 10 to 15-min till the liquid is absorbed and the couscous grains are tender. [Recipe does not say to cover the bowl.] Fluff with a fork.
- For the dressing, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a mixing bowl, put all the salad ingredients together. Add in half the dressing. Toss together well, then add in to the couscous with the remaining dressing. Toss gently to mix, then pile onto a platter and surround with the garnishes.
- Description: "Oranges, smoked tofu, fresh and spicy citrus dressing"
- Yield: 4 c.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 18||8%|
|Total Fat 2.0g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.31g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.41g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|