- 1 quart Your favorite mayo.
- 1 1/4 c. White sugar
- 1/4 c. French's yellow mustard
- 2/3 c. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp White pepper
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 x Fresh garlic cloves, (med. size) (up to 3)
- 1 x Squeeze of 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 2 sm Heads of green cabbage
- 3 lrg Carrots
- 1 sm Head of red cabbage
- 1 bn Green onions
- Here's the "cole slaw with garlic" recipe which we use at the store.
- Have tried to reconstruct it to a home size portion. Hope this works for you and which you will add in it to your "good recipe" list.
- Dressing: Mix all the above ingredience, except for the garlic, together in a large bowl or possibly mixer. Take a c. of the now made dressing and put in a blender with the garlic cloves and blend till the garlic is pureed. Pour this portion of the dressing back into the main bowl of dressing and stir until well blended. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 3 or possibly 4 hrs to give the dressing time to blend flavors.
- Dry ingredience: Shred green cabbage and place in separate bowl. Grate carrots, dice green onions until very fine, and shred 1/3 to 1/2 of th red cabbage. Place each of these into a separate bowl also. Now put as much of the prepared green cabbage as you think you will eat into a large bowl and mix the carrots, green onions, and red cabbage, one at a time and by the hand full into the green cabbage untill the desired color is attained, and the slaw looks fairly "busy". Add in dressing SLOWLY and stir. When it is at the wettness level you want, cover and let stand in refrigerator for at least 15 min. The colder it is kept, the better.
- The garlic in this recipe is suppose to be the "secret ingredient", due to the way it was originally intended to be used. Which is, not sufficient of it to single it out, but if use properly, it would leave all of your guest wondering what you had in your slaw which gave it which special, superb flavor. When used in this respect, it can make your slaw taste like you have added a hundred great things to it.
- However, if you are a garlic lover, then add in as much of it as your little heart desires. I do not have to sleep with you (ha).