Cost per serving $1.79 view details
- 1 lb fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Â Â Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 5 x wonton wrappers thinly sliced
- 1 x egg lightly beaten
- 2 x green onions thinly sliced
- 1 c. bean sprouts
- 1/2 c. thinly-sliced Chinese roast pork
- Â Â (or possibly cooked shredded chicken)
- 1/4 c. shredded Sichuan pickled vegetables
- 1/4 c. minced roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 c. chicken stock
- Â Â (or possibly canned chicken broth)
- 2 Tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. sesame paste
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp toasted grnd Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp dry red chili flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse and drain again. Place in a colander, toss in 1 tsp. sesame oil to coat and top with 2 c. ice cubes. Place in sink or possibly place over a bowl to catch the dripping water.
- Prepare a small saucepan for deep-frying. Heat the oil to 350 degrees. Slide the wonton strips into the warm oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, till the strips are a light golden, about 1 minute. Remove with slotted spoon or possibly wire strainer and drain on paper towels. Set aside. Reserve the oil.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over high heat till warm. Add in 1 tsp. of the reserved oil, swirling to coat the sides. Pour the egg into the pan, tilting to spread proportionately across the bottom of the pan. Cook till the egg is hard in the center, about 1 to 1 1/2 min; remove the Large eggs from the pan and set on a cutting board. Cold slightly and cut into thin strips.
- For the Sauce: Place a wok over high heat till warm. Add in 2 tsp. of reserved oil, swirling to coat the sides. Add in the garlic, cook till fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add in the stock, peanut butter, sesame paste, vinegar, chili sauce, sesame oil, sugar, salt, Sichuan peppercorns and red chili flakes; mix till smooth. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds. Pour into a small serving bowl.
- Remove any remaining ice cubes from the noodles. Mound the noodles in the center of a large serving platter; surround the noodles with the wonton strips, egg strips, green onions, bean sprouts, roast pork, Sichuan pickled vegetables and peanuts. Serve the sauce on the side.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 252g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 209||27%|
|Total Fat 24.21g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 4.66g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 114.73g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.0g||23%|