This flan is always a big hit with friends and family. Simple to make and so delicious. If you are a fan of coconut you will love this flan.
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1-12 oz. can Evaporated Milk
- 1-14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 T. pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-15 oz. can Cream of Coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a small saucepan cook the sugar over medium heat, about 4 min, until sugar has dissolved and turned a caramel color.
- Pour into a 10-inch plate and carefully turn the plate until the bottom and sides of the plate are coated.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well, then whisk in the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream of coconut and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate and place pie plate inside another larger baking pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and add about 1 inch warm water to the bottom of the larger baking pan.
- Bake until flan is slightly jiggly in the center. About 1 hour.
- Remove flan from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Then refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- To serve, run a small spatula around the edge of the pie plate. Place a serving plate over the pie plate and invert to release the flan.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 161g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 137||32%|
|Total Fat 15.9g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 11.24g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 62.91g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|