Imagine, sweet chocolaty fudge melting down in the mouth, one bite, you get a rich flavour of coffee and chocolate, second bite, you get a nutty crunch of almonds and hazelnuts and third the droplets of the golden syrup just stick to your mouth. Yummy na…J I got the same feeling when I tried out this recipe of vegan chocolate cake. But again it’s me, I need to add some me in all the recipes I try. So I added this very useful chocolate hazelnut spread, this truly yummy golden syrup and lots of nuts and from a cake recipe, I ended up in creating a very rich and tasty pudding. My first ever vegan recipe…. Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge Pudding...
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coffee powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Chocolate Hazelnut spread
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cold water
- Roasted almonds and hazelnuts, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp Simple golden syrup for drizzling
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Sift the dry ingredients in a large bowl through a sieve to avoid the lumps and mix them well.
- In a deep vessel, with a little vegetable oil, mix the chocolate hazelnut spread and put on stove. Keep on stirring till you get a smooth consistency.
- Mix the other wet ingredients to it and stir well.
- To avoid any lumping, add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, slowly and in small amounts. Give it a gentle mix.
- Grease and flour the baking tin.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Pat and shake the tin lightly on the counter to get rid of any bubbles in the mixture.
- Preheat the oven. Place the tin in the oven and bake it for about 30 minutes at 200 Degree Celsius for about 30 minutes or until the pudding is soft to touch and bounce back.
- A tooth pick inserted in the centre should come out clean.
- Cool it for about 10 minutes.
- To take the pudding out, invert the tin on the serving plate and gently tap the tin.
- It will be a little sticky at this time.
- Roasting Almonds and Hazelnuts: Roast the almonds and hazelnuts on a pan for 3-4 minutes and chop roughly. You can use other nuts such as walnut and pistachios too.
- For the decoration:
- Sprinkle the roasted nuts generously on the pudding. Sprinkle the icing sugar on it and drizzle some golden syrup.
- Some cherries on top looks very pretty too.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 110g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||37%|
|Total Fat 12.58g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 0.97g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.31g|
|Total Carbs 44.62g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|