Cost per recipe $11.18 view details
- 8 ounce Pkg chocolate wafer cookies,
- Â Â Crushed
- 3/4 c. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Plus 1 Tbsp. butter or possibly
- Â Â Margarine, melted
- 2 x 1 ounce squares semisweet
- Â Â Chocolate, melted
- 1Â 1/3 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1/3 c. Dark brown sugar, firmly
- Â Â Packed
- 1 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. Pecans, minced
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- Â Â CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 6 x 1 ounce squares semisweet
- Â Â Chocolate
- 1/4 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 3/4 c. Powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Combine cookie crumbs, 1/4 c. sugar, and butter; blend well. Press onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Combine 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese and 1/4 c. sugar; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer till fluffy. Add in 1 egg and 1/4 tsp. vanilla; beat well. Stir in melted chocolate and 1/3 c. lowfat sour cream. Spoon over chocolate crust.
- Combine remaining (8 oz) package cream cheese, brown sugar, and flour; beat till fluffy. Add in 1 egg and 1/2 tsp. vanilla; beat well. Stir in pecans. Spoon over chocolate layer.
- Combine 5 ounces cream cheese and remaining 1/4 c. sugar; beat till fluffy. Add in remaining egg, and beat well. Stir in reamining 1 c. lowfat sour cream, 1/4 tsp. vanilla, and almond extract. Spoon over pecan layer.
- Bake at 325 degree F. for 1 hour. Turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in oven 30 min; open door of oven, and leave cheesecake in oven an additional 30 min. Remove from oven. Cold. Cover and refrigerateat least 8 hrs. Remove from pan. Spread with hot Chocolate Glaze.
- (The glaze doesn't cover the cheesecake completely (like frosting on a cake), but thickly covers the top and then runs down the sides. I find this easiest to do with the cheesecake on a cooling rack with a plate or possibly something underneath; I then just pour the glaze over it and spread it so it runs down the sides. As it cools, the glaze hardens somewhat but won't be hard.) Garnish, if you like. Serving: 10 to 12 servings.
- GLAZE Combine chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler; bring the water in the double boiler to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook till chocolate melts. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Stir till smooth. Spread over cheesecake while glaze is hot. Serving: sufficient for 9 inch cheesecake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1247g|
|Calories from Fat 3032||58%|
|Total Fat 344.51g||431%|
|Saturated Fat 153.54g||614%|
|Trans Fat 16.83g|
|Total Carbs 528.53g||141%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.6g||35%|